Monday, February 15, 2016

Art With Heart Challenge - Clean and Simple

Hi all! Today I'm sharing a project for this month's Art with Heart Challenge from Eileen Hull. This past weekend, I hosted a fun 'Galentines' Day party for a few of my close friends. I love the idea of celebrating our friendship and I'm never one to pass up the opportunity to drink champagne and eat cake!

For February's challenge, Eileen wanted us to create something clean and simple - a project that can be completed in 10 minutes or less. This is usually a very tough thing for me, but I knew that Eileen's Square Box die would be perfect for creating some super simple, yet eye-catching, favors for my table. And, with so much party prep to do, it was nice to be able to create something so sweet in such a short time. I filled them with nail polish and pedi tools and tied them with a simple gold-threaded white baker's twine.

There's nothing like having an excuse to pull out the vintage linens, pink Depression glass, and buy a bottle of bubbly, right? I found pretty matching pink glasses, as well as inexpensive champagne flutes, at The Dollar Tree. The gorgeous flowers are from The Bouqs.

I found this adorable cake stand in the Target Dollar Spot a few months ago and have been dying to make a mini cake to set it on. While I was looking around for cake recipes, I came across one for champagne cake and adapted it a bit. I baked a white cake using Wilton's 5-piece cake pan set to bake thin layers. I filled the inside with this Easy Bavarian Cream. Yum! The frosting is buttercream. The rosettes are so easy to make - you can find tons of tutorials on Pinterest.

Here's a (very!) quick look at how the boxes came together.

Begin by covering white mat board with pretty paper - this pink and cream striped paper is from My Mind's Eye. Cut two box panels, making sure you reverse the direction of the stripes on the second panel. If you don't you'll have one set of stripes going horizontally.

Assemble the boxes, fill with treats, and tie with twine. So easy!

My sweet friend, Becky, always makes me pose with my table. :) Champagne, flowers, and lots of pressies - nothing beats a good, girly party!

The supplies I used can be found at Sizzix, Amazon, and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.





Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, your party table and cake are gorgeous! Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends. How could you not in such lovely surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo incredibly sweet and fun looking! I don't know anybody that does this...I'm obviously with the wrong crowd! :) Your friends are very lucky! Fabulous treat just to see it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.........this just touches the heart with so much love and fun! Thanks for the inspiration on doing friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole scene just looks like heaven to me, Shelly. What a wonderful idea to host a Galentines get-together. I might have to steal that. I'm sure it was a great day. And your simple favor boxes are perfect with that pink striped paper. Lovely, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness - your post looks like a magazine spread - what a wonderful table you set - with your pretty box front and center! And what a lovely idea to celebrate your girlfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think I have ever been to a party this fancy Shelly - what a treat for your friends. Your boxes look soooo lovely on your table... love the "simple" stripes with the flowers and your tablecloth. WONDERFUL. Loved these pictures of your project AND YOU too!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all! The vintage tablecloth is sooo pretty. The cake and cake stand are gorgeous, too. The boxes are sweet with that soft pink stripe, and it is nice to see you in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I was one of your invitees! What a wonderful party! You only see this in magazines. I didn't know real people do this! hehehe....Great job!
    Jen
    http://jenscraftyplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!