Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Transformations

Hi all! It's time again for Karen Burniston's monthly Designer Challenge. For October, we were challenge to transform one of Karen's character dies. I went a little crazy with this one! I knew I wanted to make Whiskers the Cat into a witch, but as I was working on a card, I just wasn't liking it. I'd seen some primitive Halloween dolls with cat heads and decided to try making one with Whiskers!

I don't have a tutorial, but I took a pic of all the various pieces before I put it together. The witch hat was made with the hat from Props 2 and the small oval from the Accordion Oval die set. I drew the body, cut it from felt, and stitched it up, stuffing it lightly. I sewed a tube of muslin, painted it orange, and cut slits for the arms. After I had the doll assembled, I added the stars and glued on the banner.

I hope you enjoyed my little departure from the norm! Sometimes you just have to do what makes you happy - and this was really fun to make. :)

All the dies I used can be found at Elizabeth Craft Designs via the links below. The Character dies are on sale right now, so it's a perfect time to stock up!




Make sure you check out Karen's post on the Elizabeth Craft Design blog tomorrow. She has a wonderful transformation that I know you'll love!

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!